Hi! I am Lisa Johnson, the Yambassador at Yummy Yammy.
I have chosen my business name and corporate title to celebrate how delicious, healthy and fun sweet potatoes can be.
WHY SWEET POTATOES?
- Sweet potatoes are delicious
- Sweet potatoes are gorgeous, with their sunny orange color
- Sweet potatoes offer great mouth-feel, velvety texture, and smooth creaminess
- “Yam” is a fun name to work with
- Sweet potatoes are so undervalued in our busy, hectic, and fast-food culture, and…
- Sweet potatoes are so incredibly healthful for us to eat!
Whether you already love sweet potatoes, or have never liked them, or don’t even know what they are, my goal is to help busy people eat better, so we are delightfully bringing sweet potatoes to the nation.
Many people enjoy yams with brown sugar, butter and marshmallows. That’s certainly how we had them when I was a kid, at Thanksgiving dinner. And now you can get rich, scrumptious sweet potato fries at any restaurant.
But here’s what I do differently: I have a hundred new, different, and exciting ideas for making them savory, taking them from the side dish to the center of the plate, and keeping them the amazing nutritious powerhouses they naturally are.
|Yummy Yammy Y’Ambassador Lisa Johnson’s path from farm worker to entrepreneur|
- 12 years at natural food stores in Vermont & New Hampshire
- 10 years helping people find fresh farm products and build meaningful economic relationships with farmers (for instance, we helped Dartmouth College buy more local vegetables for their kitchens)
- lots of stints working at restaurants when I was younger
- cooking for 36 hungry apple pickers
- several years of work on organic farms: planting, weeding, harvesting fruits and vegetables
- living all over the U.S. and in Mexico
- gardening and cooking all my life for the sheer joy of it
Mostly, though, what you want to know about me can’t fit on a resume or list of accomplishments. I am irrepressibly entrepreneurial and my mind is constantly filled with possibility. People have told me I’m a leader and a visionary, and I can at least say that all my life I have desired those qualities.
This business is possible because my husband cheers me on constantly (and does a lot of dishes), my kids draw delightful artwork and taste all my food, and I am surrounded by skilled and inspired friends and professionals who give me lots of feedback. I know there is no such thing as a “self-made man”. We are supported and sometimes carried by the ones who love us, and without that, no business idea ever sees the light of day.
One last thing: please tell your friends about us!
Your positive experience is by far the best marketing there is.
So spread the word — that makes YOU a Yambassador too!
Lisa & family